• New Blue Line Cars Discussion(Now in Service)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by StevieC48

Nice looks like the current fleet. But I thought it was funny a friend of mine retired from yardmaster because he said,'You cant stand to see the coupler whe coupleing up." I see where he has to sit down to operate and unlike the Cineston he can stand up and operate the train I see his point. BTW It was Jim O'Roqure LOL. Thanks for the pics. PS Please save 0622/23 for Seashore

by McTed

Your Welcome !!!

The #5 car cab is set up very simiular to the the #3 car on the red line.

I've heard that concern about not seeing the coupler when making up to another car. I'm not sure of the answer I've never heard the concern on the red line but i'm not really a transpotation person.

I've known Jimmy for over twenty years he's a good man give him my best when you see him next.

by WonderlandMan

Awesome pictures! Thanks alot

by CJ

Thank you!!!

It put all my fears to rest, I cant wait till they come! And looking at all those carbodies covered in tarps, I hope there great!

Awesome Pix! Thx

Edit: I hope nobody accidentally hits those "Uncouple" buttons while the train is in motion!

by McTed

Here's Jimmy cutting his cake.

Sorry on pictures of the asa.

by StevieC48

Thanks for the pics. Controlers look simular to 1800's and Type 8. And who is Jimmy fooling his just wanted an excuse to leave. The interior must no be complete except for the cab for all the monitoring equipment being used, And the carsi on the pic are they 0700-01. Thanks again

by danib62

just out of curiosity where were the pictures taken and how did you find them?

by McTed

The Picture of Jimmy was taken during his retirement luncheon.

The rest of the pictures were given to me from a friend of mine.

by danib62

I just noticed that on NETransit 0626/0627 are listed as out of service and waiting for parts. Anyone know the specifics behind this and how recent this is? This is the first I've noticed it.

by StevieC48

There are rebuilding the Cineston or Master contorler in houes at the Orient Heights Shops. Usualy they send component work to Everett Shops.

by Jersey_Mike

What is the railfan view going to be like?

by Robert Paniagua

I think the transmission gear joystick will be made by Newtran, while the cab also looks like the R142 and R143.

The railfan view will be the same as the 01800s and 0600s, no ATO will occupy the railfan window like the 01400s thru 01700s and the 01200s.

by mattster

Those are gorgeous, but I'm kind of disappointed to see the passenger operated door feature made it into the final product. Those destination signs look interesting... LED or LCD? It'd be awesome if the interior signs were blue LED just to go along with the green LEDs on the Green Line and red on the Red.

Great photos McTed. Can't wait to take one of those for a ride.

by danib62

mattster wrote:Those are gorgeous, but I'm kind of disappointed to see the passenger operated door feature made it into the final product. Those destination signs look interesting... LED or LCD? It'd be awesome if the interior signs were blue LED just to go along with the green LEDs on the Green Line and red on the Red.

Great photos McTed. Can't wait to take one of those for a ride.
What do you have against passenger operated doors? They probably need it in order to allow for 6 car trains with only one operator.

by octr202

The passenger operated doors I'm sure will cause just as much confusion as AFC when they're new, but people will figure it out.

The maintenance savings from eliminating unnecessary door cycling when no one's using it could be signifigant, as could the more pleasant winter trips when riders don't need to get a blast of cold air when there's no one getting on or off at their door. :)