Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by NIMBYkiller

I've finally started work on a website to host all my rail/bus/ferry pictures. It's FAR from finished, but I figured I'd show y'all what I've got so far.

www.freewebs.com/jmpix

by Dave Keller

Nimbykiller:

Good photos. Nice start.

Where's the ferry to Cherry Grove? :wink:

Just kidding.

Dave Keller

by Dave Keller

I'll always remember one trainman during the summer hollar out:

"Thayville, Thayville. Hurry up girlth or you'll mith the ferry!"

They'd probably discipline him if he did that today!

Dave Keller

by NIMBYkiller

Thanks for the compliments. I'm not sure actually if I did get any photos of the Sayville Ferry Service(which is the one that goes to Cherry Grove), maybe one. I'll have to head down there again. I may be working there(more likely though at Fire Island Ferries in Bay Shore) this summer.

That trainman probably just had a lisp. For some reason though, I could see the RR having a problem with that....

The site is FAR from finished. Ask Emfinite. He knows just how many photos I really have.

by amtrak103

Are you from freeport?

by NIMBYkiller

LOL. Nope, but I knew some one was going to ask that question.

I'm from Port Washington. The reason I have so many Freeport photos is because whenever I have to go out east, I'll usually take the bus down to Freeport, and catch the RR there.

When I get more photos up, you'll see they are mostly from Mineola. That's my real photo spot. I've kind of gotten bored there though, and Freeport doesn't have much to offer. I may try something else on the main line.

by M1 9147

Atta boy Jared, nice start, and hope more come about.

by de402

nice photos. really like the DM plastered with snow on the montauk train.

by amtrak103

I'm from freeport and it just brought back some good memories from the 60,70,80s.
James

by alcoAL

Nimbykiller,

nice website. Nice quality photos. I've wanted to make a website too but haven't found a good host site. Looks like yours is a good one to try.

Are all your photos digital, or do you have to scan real photos? Mine are slides & photos from the 1980s that I'll have to scan first.

-AL

(Long Island Joe, your website is a good one too!)
  by tp49

I too am from Freeport and my family still lives there seeing these being back a lot of memories. I need to get back soon.

by NIMBYkiller

I scan the pix in.

by thrdkilr

great pics and web site NIMBY, thanks..How did you set it up?