Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by pgengler

When I was coming back from work on Friday (and then heading out somewhere later that evening) I noticed one or two pieces of yellow-painted (probably) MOW equipment parked on a siding just east of the Roslyn Road crossing in Mineola. I didn't get a chance to see what numbers and markings, if any, were on it (it's hard to drive and stare out the window for long, and stopping on the tracks seems like a bad idea), and on my way back today, I noticed the siding was empty.
Can anyone shed some light on what this was and why it was out there?

by One of One-Sixty

They have been parking stuff there alot in the past couple of months, the stuff you are seeing they use to haul the concrete ties and woodens ones around when they are working in the area. Due to the numerous amounts of time MTA PD call have been called on me for sitting in my car legally parked on a public street with the meter paid up I have not been in that area since around July 7 :( .

If anybody knows anybody who works in Nassau Tower, let them know the guy in the light blue Lexus is friendly and is not dangerous and please do nt call PD on him :wink: .

by Nasadowsk

Since when was sitting in a legally parked car a crime, anyway?

Maybe the MTA should start arresting people who wait in parking lots at stations to pick up their spouses, too...
  by Head-end View

They've been doing a lot of mid-day track work on the main-line around Mineola-Westbury in recent months. Often one track is out-of-service during that period.