• More trains to Worcester instead of Arborway?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by jonnhrr

According to an article I saw this morning's Worcester Telegram the state will boost the priority of the proposed increase in Worcester CR service using money saved by deep sixing Arborway and the Red/Blue line interchaneg (I assume this is the proposed project to connnect the Blue Line to Charles/MGH.

Here is a link (may need to be a subscriber to see)

http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... NEWSREWIND

Although more CR to Central Mass is long overdue, it is sad that this can only happen as a result of terminating 2 projects which are also badly needed (I thought the state was legally required to restore Arborway as a result of the Big Dig compomise that also restored the 3 Old Colony CR lines.)

Jon

(currently a Central Mass resident but former JP resident many moons ago)

by CJ

Well in the local East Boston paper, there was a front page article about the T trying to wiggle out of the red/blue connector, that was a legal requirement and as well as arborway.

I can see not doing "pet" projects to save $$, but atleast do the required ones!