Railroad Forums 

• Moodna Viaduct

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#937776  by JoeS

That's a good point, Pumpers. I have noticed the CR track charts are not quite as detailed as the old Erie/E-L charts, in that the many ups and downs of actual gradient changes are smoothed out into an average grade. And I have not been able to find a track chart from the former E-L NY Division.

The person who would know for sure is Chief Troll; I believe that he was division engineer for the NY Division back in the E-L era.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the 1991 track chart to see what the grades are in the vicinity of the Portage Viaduct, and they DO appear to be very detailed.
 #1636335  by SST

Nice video. Reminds me of what the Kinzua Bridge at MT Jewett looked like before the fall.
 #1636407  by pumpers

The post I was responding to was actually at the end of the first page of posts:
walterconklin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:45 am Hello,

Thank you everyone for the helpful information you gave me.

Since we are still on the subject of Moonda, does anyone know where was the actual location of the control tower (BS call letter?) on the east end of Moodna Viaduct where the Graham Line went down to single track to cross the bridge?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Walter Conklin