Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Nester

Terrapin Station wrote:
Terminal Proceed wrote:I know the answer to your question is yes. We told you that all along.
Yes, as I mentioned in my post above. But the answer is just "in theory" until I can actually prove it "in practice" (you never know what might happen / go wrong when you try something for the first time) :-)
No theory -- it's called a "tariff" and a "book of rules". If every trainman didn't do it the same way, there would be a huge problem.

Nester

by Terrapin Station

Nester wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
Terminal Proceed wrote:I know the answer to your question is yes. We told you that all along.
Yes, as I mentioned in my post above. But the answer is just "in theory" until I can actually prove it "in practice" (you never know what might happen / go wrong when you try something for the first time) :-)
No theory -- it's called a "tariff" and a "book of rules". If every trainman didn't do it the same way, there would be a huge problem.

Nester
Ok, sorry, I should clarify. Although I asked here about using my Monthly Pass, I never asked about using my monthly pass in combination with an intermediate ticket to go to a further zone than my monthly pass allows. Although I determined logically that it should work, I had never asked anyone here or anywhere else about this, so my actually doing it that day answered that question. I'm sorry for the confusion, and yes, getting on to that Harlem Line train, I had no doubt in my mind that my Zone 2 Hudson Line monthly pass would at least get me as far as any Zone 2 Harlem Line station, thanks to the answers everyone kindly provided here. Again, I'm sorry for the confusion, and I will try to be more clear in the future.

by MN Jim

Nester wrote:No theory -- it's called a "tariff" and a "book of rules". If every trainman didn't do it the same way, there would be a huge problem.
If every trainman [sic] DID do it the same way, there would be much less need for a Customer Service department. ;-)

Jim

by Terminal Proceed

Jim,

There would always be a need for a customer service dept. trust me. At the rate the AC fails, the lights fail, people get indignant for leaving their monthly's home and then having to suffer the injustice of still being responsible for their fares at the onboard rates.... i don't know how you guys deal with some of these dopes.

At least we on the train get to pass them off to you guys to handle their problems. I tell them all the time - "You will have to take that up with Customer Service."

by MN Jim

Although I'm sure my post was taken in the spirit intended, I'll explicity remind everyone that my post was intended to be taken in jest. :)

Jim