Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by 4400Washboard

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/transit ... /23742123/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The nerve! I guess I'll just never understand some people...

(MNRR conductor was assaulted by a passenger who could'nt pay the fare.)
  by DutchRailnut

That person is not going to like his future and record associated with it.
http://law.justia.com/codes/connecticut ... -167c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Kurt

Sadly the DA will probably plea bargain it down to disorderly conduct, and the defendant will pay a small fine. Too much experience with the courts on the matter.
  by sullivan1985

I was assaulted when I was still in uniform a few years back. Both the company and the state attorney general showed little interest in the event. The only thing that helps this employees cause is that I received media attention. Mine occurred on St. Patrick's Day... just another drop in the bucket.
Kurt wrote:Sadly the DA will probably plea bargain it down to disorderly conduct, and the defendant will pay a small fine. Too much experience with the courts on the matter.
Exactly what happened in the end for me. Disorderly conduct and a $500 fine. So much for the ridiculous signs they plaster up all over the inside of the trains and buses.
  by Tadman

This is a truly unfortunate situation. You have to hope that karma bites the person in the butt later on, perhaps making it hard for them to get a job with an arrest record. I know of a case where a guy actually lost his job due to an assault/battery conviction.
  by truck6018

Tadman wrote:This is a truly unfortunate situation.
Unfortunate but common. Most of the assaults never make the media.
  by BandA

Lifetime ban?
  by Travelsonic

BandA wrote:Lifetime ban?
Dunno how likely or unlikely that would be, but I could see reactions being all over the place - both positive and negative - to such an outcome. Question I have is how likely that would be with an entity run by the states of NY and Connecticut.
  by DutchRailnut

Not likely, you can't deny a tax payer something other tax payers get, other than by incarcerating person.
if it were licenced activity like driving or hunting yes but public transportation would be unenforceable.
  by sullivan1985

BandA wrote:Lifetime ban?
It would be impossible and a waste of time and effort to enforce a personal ban from the property for one person.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Case in point: Darius McCollum, on a NYCT "blacklist".
  by DutchRailnut

great except MTA has been unable to locate Darius since he missed his parole meetings .
  by truck6018

R36 Combine Coach wrote:Case in point: Darius McCollum, on a NYCT "blacklist".
He's on Metro North's blacklist too.