Railroad Forums 

• MN or HRRC hiring?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#116221  by oddball

i called metro north about a month ago to check progress on my application and they told me there was a hiring freeze. does anyone know when this freeze might end? also, anyone know if housatonic railroad is hiring now? i put in an application there too and they said maybe spring time they will hire some more....thanks in advance!

#116903  by Swedish Meatball

I have heard that they are interviewing for a new trainmen class this week. (4-13-05) What department did you apply for? All applications have to be done thru the internet.

#118638  by Engineer Spike

I asked if they were hiring about 6 years ago, when I first considered moving east. The wages were about $12/hr. That is slightly better than Wall Mart. VTR is the same. Wolfson has everyone scared that if they organize, he will shut down. Do you think that his big customers, like Mobil-Exxon, or Omya would let that happen? The state would take back its tracks and give them to someone else.