• Mezzanine IDs & Terminal Radio Unit numbers

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by DiscoveryAnalysis

Anyone happen to have a listing of all the mezzanine ID codes within the system (Ex. Smithsonian Mall exit is mezzanine XX)

Also a list of radio ID for terminal supervisors would be a great bonus.
  by Sand Box John

"DiscoveryAnalysis"
Anyone happen to have a listing of all the mezzanine ID codes within the system (Ex. Smithsonian Mall exit is mezzanine XX)

Major, minor. major mezzanine is the mezzanine with the elevator entrance. So Smithsonian Mall entrance would be D02 Minor.

In stations with more then one elevator entrance the major mezzanine is the mezzanine that had the elevator entrances when the station first opened. Examples, North mezzanines at Huntington and Friendship Heights, south mezzanines at National Airport and King Street.

Metro Center, Gallery Place and L'Enfant Plaza have two major mezzanines:
Metro Center north and east. North is on the C route so it would be C01 Major, east is on the A route so it would be A01 Major.
Gallery Place north and east. North is on the F route so it would be F01 Major, east is on the B route so it would be B01 Major.
L'Enfant Plaza north and east. North is on the F route so it would be F03 Major, east is on the D route so it would be D03 Major.

In station with only one entrance said entrance is also identified as the Major mezzanine.

radioreference.com
  by DiscoveryAnalysis

Sand Box John wrote:"DiscoveryAnalysis"

Major, minor. major mezzanine is the mezzanine with the elevator entrance. So Smithsonian Mall entrance would be D02 Minor.

In stations with more then one elevator entrance the major mezzanine is the mezzanine that had the elevator entrances when the station first opened. Examples, North mezzanines at Huntington and Friendship Heights, south mezzanines at National Airport and King Street.

Metro Center, Gallery Place and L'Enfant Plaza have two major mezzanines:
Metro Center north and east. North is on the C route so it would be C01 Major, east is on the A route so it would be A01 Major.
Gallery Place north and east. North is on the F route so it would be F01 Major, east is on the B route so it would be B01 Major.
L'Enfant Plaza north and east. North is on the F route so it would be F03 Major, east is on the D route so it would be D03 Major.

In station with only one entrance said entrance is also identified as the Major mezzanine.

radioreference.com
Not quite what I was looking for John, it was more along the lines of the ID to identify the station over the radio, I know for example that one of the King St (C13) entrances is known as Mezzanine 48.....

And the radio info is the terminal unit ID that operators call in when on approach, I used to have it but have misplaced it, i.e; approach to New Carrollton "Unit XX Train 908 Lead car 3145 Operator Jones"
  by Sand Box John

"DiscoveryAnalysis"

Not quite what I was looking for John, it was more along the lines of the ID to identify the station over the radio, I know for example that one of the King St (C13) entrances is known as Mezzanine 48.....

48 is the number that WMATA uses to pull up real time arrivals. The total list is in the HTML source code. There are numbers that don't appear in the source code, I think we can safely assume those numbers are assigned to the entrances at stations with more then one.