• Metro-North M7-A's @ Morris Park

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by 9C1LT1

Hey Guys,

Well passing Morris Park today I spotted a married pair of Metro-North M7-A's. Does anyone know why they are here? That striped blue end paint job sure stands out! Sorry I didn't get the numbers or a pic...

Barry

by bluebelly

They are there to have the wheels trued.

by Scrap em Again

4000-4001, 4006-4007, or something like that.

by emfinite

Back in January, there was a set at Arch Street:

Joe

by RPM2Night

Did they have their 3rd rail shoes converted to the LIRR shoes and run in under their own power, or were they brought in by diesel? I guess even like that, they would have had to have their metro north 3rd rail shoes removed anyway so they don't get knocked off by the low LIRR 3rd rail.

by KFRG

They arent brought in under their own power. Their cabsignaling system differs besides the power pickup problem.

by Long Island 7285

Thw MNCR M7a's are brought to to the LIRR via the "hell gate" and is met on the NH side of the bridge at CP2?? where them M7s are mated to a Pair of E15s and brought to Arch St, the Park, HMC, or where ever else their needed.
  by Head-end View

Hmmmm..............that sure looks like a station they're sitting at....

by KFRG

Not quite...

by RetiredLIRRConductor

Ahh that might explain the extra roustabout reporting to morris park monday morning..might be taking them back. Should have requested the job, from what I understand we take them over the hellgate bridge to a metro north shop with a pilot. That would have been fun.

by DutchRailnut

Nope you take it to CP216 (new Rochelle) and our PMMO or AMMO switcher takes it to Harmon. only pilot you get is Amtrak pilot from Harold to CP216

by RetiredLIRRConductor

still worth it

by DutchRailnut

(resolved)
Last edited by DutchRailnut on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by burkeman

Does a Amtrak crew bring them over the hell gate, or is it Frieght?

by bluebelly

DutchRailnut wrote:I Don't see anything wrong with my answer to routing and pilot issue.
If someone is that easely burned by an answer he does not belong to railroad group but shout try an embroidery forum.
Neither do I. Short and and to the point.

How should he have worded it?