Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#1639189  by DominikW118

Metra will receive $100 million to buy new railcars, on top of the order already placed for Alstom Coradia cars. Specifically, this will allow Metra to exercise the option of 100 more cars on top of the base order of 200.
Metra will receive $100 million to purchase 50 new multilevel commuter rail cars, the Federal Transit Administration announced today, part of almost $631 million in federal funding awarded through the FTA’s Rail Vehicle Replacement Program.
Link: https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... -railcars/
 #1639250  by eolesen

And just like that, Prof. Norman's dream of the 200 car order getting reduced gives away...

This will see all of the Pullman and Budd and possibly now some Amerail cars being sidelined or converted to bike cars.......

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

#1639286  by eolesen

And they're facing a $750M fiscal cliff in 2026.

I hope to be living elsewhere. There's talk of car and truck tolls doubling, tolling the Eisenhower , Kennedy, Edens, Bishop Ford, and Dan Ryan, plus congestion pricing in the city...

But no mention of reducing services or overhead. Yeah, that'll work....

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk