Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by LongIslandTool

The Long Island Rail Road used to send out Christmas cards that read:

"Merry Christmas.
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men".

The Tool passes along that blessing from years past.
  by RogerOverOutRR

Merry Christmas, 'O Great Tool.

Thank you for bringing the Truth to us and shedding light on many topics that a regular LIRR peasant is not worthy enough to know.

May God Bless your loved ones.

Roger
  by ch00ch00

I do remember when president Goodfellow used to send out Christmas Greetings with a rubber stamped signature.
Might be more than you get now.

Ed Schleyer
  by pennsy

Season's Greetings to all !!
  by 9C1LT1

Merry Christmas everyone! Anyone else see those engines running around with Christmas Lights?

-Barry
  by frankie

Merry Christmas to all my LIRR friends from an ex-Mineola passenger!

I ride St. Louis' Metro Link! It's not the LIRR, but during rush hour with the sun below the horizon, I just close my eyes and all of the sudden I'm back on Long Island! Oh what wonderful memories for me!

Frankie
  by num1hendrickfan

9C1LT1 wrote:Merry Christmas everyone! Anyone else see those engines running around with Christmas Lights?

-Barry
Merry Christmas to all, and have a safe and happy New Year!

Unfortunately no I did not see any of the engines running with Christmas Lights. Must've been a nice sight.
Probably equal or better than me seeing an MP15 with a dead DE30AC #402 in tow ( went through Mineola yesterday afternoon around 4:10-4:20pm ).
  by LIRR272

Merry Christmas to all. I hope all who had to work today made it home safely to spend time with their families. Working on the railroad isn't easy.
  by No Rule G For Me

Trains with Christmas lights.. I used to do that every year, with lights on the engine, or lead motor on the trains I was working.
I used to decorate the trainmans room, and protect room in NY.
Would come in and do it again, but Im 900 miles away.. hope someone else is doing it.
The year colin furgeson shot up the train, I was not going to do it.
Rudy Nichols, my engineer said.. "Screw him do it anyway" so we did.
Merry Christmas all.
My Christmas card the last 2 years, Sunrise special, with a G-5
Dont know what station its supposed to be..