• MARC's electric locomotives

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Mr. Harlem Line

Does Amtrak own the AEM7s and the HHP8s that operate on the Penn Line or does MARC own them?

by octr202

MARC does, which in reality means they're owned by the Maryland Mass Transit Administration.

by Mr. Harlem Line

Thanks. By the way, what are the locomotive numbers for the AEM7s and the HHP8s?

by octr202

Mr. Harlem Line wrote:Thanks. By the way, what are the locomotive numbers for the AEM7s and the HHP8s?
Meatballs are 4900-4903. HHP8s are 4910-4913.

by Mr. Harlem Line

Thanks again!

by Hudson Terminus

Don't forget 4914 and 4915!!!

by octr202

Hudson Terminus wrote:Don't forget 4914 and 4915!!!
Doh! dunno where I got that notion that they only had 4 bananas...

by Hudson Terminus

:-)

I spend a lot of time watching these things tear up and down the NEC during rush time. Probably too much!

by octr202

Hudson Terminus wrote::-)

I spend a lot of time watching these things tear up and down the NEC during rush time. Probably too much!
You've undoubtably got a better view of them than I do... :-D

by benltrain

Hudson Terminus wrote::-)

Do they do 125?

by acs85

I was wondering the same thing.
  by amtrakhogger

Marc Aem7's and HHP8's are rated for 125mph only with the MARC multilevel coaches.

by gprimr1

By running at 125mph, they are effectivly the fastest commuter rail in North America to my knowledge.

by chuchubob

Here are photos of 4910in June and 4913 last week.

by MACTRAXX

CHUCHUBOB: Good ARMADILLO Pix! Those trains were laid up at Baltimore,right? How many were there if so? MARCs 10 electric locos cover all Penn Line service am I right? How many of those trains had bilevel equipment? Your pix show them. Thanks-MACTRAXX