• MARC Fan Page On Facebook

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by SurlyKnuckle

Hello, for those of us that are members of facebook, I've created a page for MARC fans. I encourage folks to put up pictures or contribute anything they wish to the page. MARC Commuter Rail Fans is what I've named it. Thought it weird there are pages for a plethora of other things railroad related but no MARC page. Although clearly the content is intended for more hard-core buffs, I hope that it can be enjoyed by those who ride MARC, or are fans of commuter rail as an alternative to driving.

The page is in it's infancy, and contributions are encouraged. Thanks,- Jeffrey.
  by HokieNav

Nice!

/joined
  by davinp

I'm surprised MARC doesn't have their own Facebook page yet.

VRE is on Facebook and Twitter
  by SurlyKnuckle

It should be noted that there is already a MARC fan page, but it doesn't seem to be updated any. I was hoping for something maybe a bit more comprehensive as time allows. I was able to secure permisson from Wade Massie (who is also a fan) to use some of his pictures of MARC equipment. I wanted to use some of his work to show earlier operations as I was not old enough to photograph the Es, Fs, and RDCs. I'm interested in the possibility of getting MARC riders to join the fanpage. Thinking about leaving home printed ads at MARC stops to advertise the page, but other suggestions are welcome.
  by HokieNav

Facebook and Twitter are prohibited by the MD State IT folks, so the people at MARC have no way of getting on and creating and maintaining such accounts.
  by HokieNav

I must be missing something, I can see no way to contribute pictures.
  by SurlyKnuckle

I selected the option to allow members to post pictures, and since I'm the creator of the page, I think that I might be seeing a different version of it in my browser. Two people have uploaded their own pictures, so it is possible. How exactly, I don't know, seeing how my "Upload Photos" option is a huge link on the top of the page..not sure what everyone else sees.