Railroad Forums 

• Lowell Gawking

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1143410  by mbta1051dan

Although I am not always in Lowell, I go to school here, and have the opportunity to record some of the traffic that passes by UMass Lowell on the Stony Brook branch from Lowell to Ayer.

Last night around 3:15AM, there was a POED (?) consisting of NewBlues 611 and 350, and WideCab 514. I lost count of the cars, but there were lots of slurry cars, so I assumed it was a POED. My scanner batteries died, so I did not get the train symbol.
 #1148124  by mulfreak

Some good movement today. 5 Engines, 2 yellow Burlington Nth locos 2 Pam Am 600 series and a Guilford 300 stopped at the Concord river bridge crossing and detached the first yellow. 4 Engines still idled there on the Sth track hauling a mixed. On the Nth track another pack of 4 engines 2 CSX 1 PA 1 GUIL solo just heading into Lowell.