Railroad Forums 

• Looking for pictures of BAR caboose C-87

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1640512  by Benjamin Maggi

I am building a model of caboose C-87, one of the old troop sleeper converted cars. I have some pictures of other converted cabooses the BAR did but each one was a little bit different. I know C-87 exists and I have seen some pictures of as it looks today, but I was wondering if anyone had pictures of its in-operation appearance?

Also, I have seen NO pictures at all of what any of the cabooses looked like inside the ends where the cut the new side doors and then installed new interior end walls and doors. Does anyone have any good pictures showing this?

Thank you!
Ben
 #1641501  by CPF66

A few of the Bangor and Aroostook in color books may have the photos you are looking for. If not, my best suggestion would be to contact either Joey Kelly or George Melvin on Facebook. George rail fanned the B&A as well as collected a massive amount of rolling stock slides. Joey has scanned most of the Oakfield Historical Society's photos as well.

If you strike out there, the next best thing would be to join the Bangor and Aroostook Facebook group. Its a lot more active than this forum and quite a few of the people in it own their own troop sleeper cabooses.