• LIRR seeks to lease 8-21 MARC coaches (for Montauk Summer)

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Jeff Smith

^pictures from GG: http://www.railpictures.net/photo/621002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZG9XomaONU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by edflyerssn007

Thanks for the pictures Greg. I heard they were hooked up to 400. Does this mean they'll be operating revenue later this week?
  by LINYARailfan

What is the status of the MARC coaches? When will they be entering revenue service on the Montauk? If they will be entering service on the Montauk this Friday afternoon what trains will they be on and will they be using the Babylon branch or the Mainline-Central? Thanks
  by gregorygrice

The plan is to run the cars on other lines which will free up C3s for the Montauk. They will most likely not see the Montauk during their lease period.
  by newkirk

The 5 car set, with 400 on the west end and 418 on the east end, is currently in Morris Park.]
So it looks like the MARC cab car won't be used to operate this consist ?
  by DutchRailnut

and you base that conclusion just because they have engine on it now ??
it takes time to set up the cab signal/atc on that cab car for LIRR use.
It takes time to design a control cable that convert 27 point signal to 32 point for DE/DM.

only here are expectations beyond reasonable, and conclusions just assumptions.
  by newkirk

Calm down !

I was asking Amtrak7 that question since one or more cab cars were delivered.

He stated that the consist had a DE-30 at either end.

I also wasn't sure if speed control would be installed in the cab car.
  by rr503

Does anyone have a ballpark seating capacity of these things?

Do any of y'all know if they'll be in service in time for the 4th?

Also, Dutch, the reason this forum exists is so that people who don't know answers to questions like the above can ask them of people who do and discuss. Was it then necessary to yell down a valid question?
  by JMBethpage

I just spotted a string of empty Maryland Transit cars W/B on the Pt. Jeff branch headed through Hicksville Divide. Any idea what this is about?
[attachment=1]image1.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]image2.PNG[/attachment]