Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by nyandw

It's that time of year for trains under the tree, railfan specials, Christmas rail themed greeting cards, layouts opened to the public, etc. Here are a few layouts to view: http://www.trainsarefun.com/modeling/Sc ... scenes.htm

Jim Caramore's Morris Park Shops Roundhouse

Anyone wishing to add their modeling to the website, just let me know. Merry Christmas. :-)
  by RGlueck

That's a pretty amazing roundhouse shot, Steve! Using those locomotive in selection, and perhaps by weathering them extensively, you could make up some fantastic "period" shots. Great models, great picture!
  by murfunit

IMG_0322.JPG
I don't have a layout yet but I have been working on LIRR HO models for a few years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by murfunit

Some M1s I have been working on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by murfunit

Some more photos
  by Crabman1130

by scopelliti

I've been spending most of my time working on rolling stock. Here are some examples. Some are as-purchased, others are kits. The white ones are obviously awaiting time in the painting booth.
Brand new RDC from Rapido (with sound)
Atlas RS-3 with sound, relocated horns, steam generator stack in back and MU lines. Damn those railings look way too big.
A mix of a Con-Cor MP54 (with sound), Island Modelworks MP75 (powered with Proto RDC drive),
Funaro & Camerlengo M-72, and MT-54. MP-70 double deckers coming soon.
All use Kadee 58 couplers.
  by Crabman1130

NICE!!!!
  by mirrodie

No real layout, these come out for the holidays. K-line GP38 is in the shop...

by murfunit

Nothing like seeing the lights on inside the trains!
  by Ðauntless

Eastbound @ 25th St., Meurers. Structures still in mockup.
  by murfunit

Dauntless, are those hand made turnouts? Outstanding work displayed in your photo.
  by edflyerssn007

When I get home I'll post some of my model LIRR stuff. I'm working on a layout that represents the 80's through now.