Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by li7039

So if you are with me and 168 post your name so we can show NALW that there is a stong support for Lirr for msts

by Long Island 7285

I support LIRR in MSTS

by jogden

i support it

by badneighbor

... so moved...

by Lirr168

New project of mine; any thoughts?

by Long Island 7285

Great your continueing where i left off. making the black to proper grey and the lights, you gota make the headlights operate on the roof only during the Zip car days ditch lights were not around. :-D

by Lirr168

Thanks for the advice Joe. It is actually grey, the color on the pic is off a bit, but in the game it is actually grey. I have the top light set up that way, I just have to remove the ditch lights, which should be relatively easy (it's just cutting some code).

by Long Island 7285

Thats right.

Also are you useing the M1 .eng file to make them MUs are just useing the Acela HHP engine file to make one power the rest trailers. i did it both ways and they both worked fine.

by Lirr168

I'm using the .eng from the MNCR Bomb cars, which worked pretty well with my C3 Cab;so far I've had equal success using it here.

by Long Island 7285

ues you M1 Eng file in 6 of them 2 cabs the rest trailers

make a MU set

by jtr1962

The best, most realistic way to do it is to make them all .eng files. I used three different .eng files, one for the front unit, one for the rear unit, and one for the middle units. This reason is because the friction parameter is different for all three, so by doing it that way you have a realistic total resistance for your train regardless of length. Making each car an engine means the power scales correctly as well, although you can always use .wag to simulate a dead unit.

I still don't know if I have the correct acceleration curve. Anybody here have the acceleration times I asked for earlier in the thread? Do the M1s/M3s accelerate faster than an Arrow, or slower? At least that gives me some idea if I'm in the ballpark since I'm aware of what the Arrows do.

by Lirr168

jtr1962 wrote:The best, most realistic way to do it is to make them all .eng files. I used three different .eng files, one for the front unit, one for the rear unit, and one for the middle units. This reason is because the friction parameter is different for all three, so by doing it that way you have a realistic total resistance for your train regardless of length. Making each car an engine means the power scales correctly as well, although you can always use .wag to simulate a dead unit.
Great point. I never use .wag files simply for the fact that using engines greatly improves acceleration and braking

by Richard Glueck

Kyle: The zip cars look good. Suggestion would be to dump the ditch lights and the diaphragm around the end doors. They look good otherwise. If you do put them out for general consumption, consider a version in Platinum and blue stripe as well, including the early MTA - LIRR logo.

by Long Island 7285

Rich,
I got burned for uploading the Boms that I made into P72s for the sake of MSTS. so I dont think you will be seeing them anytime soon on train-sim.com there just for personal usage for Kyle to send to us personally.

The dich lights as he mentioned are just a matter of futzing with the light section in the .eng file and as for the diaphrams I think makeing an alpha channel should rid it. or use the MN bom cab car for the model. I don't remember if it had the diaphram.

by Lirr168

Long Island 7285 wrote:Rich,
I got burned for uploading the Boms that I made into P72s for the sake of MSTS. so I dont think you will be seeing them anytime soon on train-sim.com there just for personal usage for Kyle to send to us personally.

The dich lights as he mentioned are just a matter of futzing with the light section in the .eng file and as for the diaphrams I think makeing an alpha channel should rid it. or use the MN bom cab car for the model. I don't remember if it had the diaphram.
-ditch lights will be done
-diaphram is going to be a problem b/c it is on the shape file, i'll see what i can do
-it will NOT be distributed via train-sim.com, nor will any of my other work since they rejected my C3; everthing will be distributed through a website run by an anonymous railfan :wink: