• LIRR Bicentenial GP38 Vs Millwaukie Bicentenial SD40

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Paul

Anybodycare to post a picture of both the LIRR& Millwaukie Bicentenial units?
The resemblance is uncanny!
  by freightguy

There is a reason for that. In the 1970's a lot of management came over from the Milwaukee Road to the LIRR. I am sure some of the older employees can fill you in better!

by Paul

Hee hee.
I knew that. I was just curious if any of the fans out there knew it as well. Infact, back in my NYSW days, a gentleman by the name of Roy Magnasun (?) came the the Millwaukie, and was helpfull in giving us (the NYSW) some 251 parts that we needed in a hurry. There was another shop foreman who lived in KO, and I can't for the life of me remember his name who I would also like to get in contact with.

by belpaire

Google is your friend.

by lirrmike

Wow, uncanny! I thought the LIRR had alot of New Haven guys also. They did try to pick up an EP5 for a 'Protect Engine'.

Mike

by Dave Keller

Hey!!!!!!

What grafitti artist painted "Milwaukee Road" on those LIRR engines???????

Get that sh!t offa there!!! :wink:

Yikes! Talk about uncanny! I never knew about the "Milwaukee Road" connection (kinda like "The French Connection"without the Fulton Ave. EL??)

Dave Keller

by RPM2Night

Huh, that's pretty cool. I think I've seen a similar picture, and I wasn't sure if it was a joke, or if the MR bought one of the LIRR's GP38s or something. lol.

Hey, imagine if the LIRR had SD40-2s lol That Port Jefferson express in the evening rush hour could be like, 20 cars long!

by Long Island 7285

i have a Model Railroader magizine from a few years ago witch has the MR SD40 listed. when i first looked at them i though of the geeps then i realised the diffrences. same paint diffrent road and power.

by NRECer

Roy Magnuson carried the the title "Supdt. of D/H Operations." Wonder whatever happened to Roy and the rest of the 'Milwaukee Mafia' ?

I think that Roy was the guy who sold a bunc of Alco material to the A&M.

Fred