• LI NRHS CHAPTERS REACH MILESTONE IN APRIL 2006

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by MACTRAXX

Everyone: I have info from NRHS National on the chronology and date of organization of NRHS chapters-both LI chapters celebrate birthdays this month-LI Sunrise trail is 40 years young this month-on April 23,1966 this chapter was born becoming the 75th chapter formed in the NRHS. The Twin Forks chapter was organized on April 14,1996 as the 221st NRHS chapter. In both cases-Congratulations!! In LISTs case-the April meeting is going to be a 40th anniversary celebration of sorts with a few dignitaries invited to attend. Friday April 21st is the meeting date in Babylon. Does anyone know if Twin Forks is having a 10th birthday celebration and when their meeting is? I feel this is something both chapters should be proud of!! MACTRAXX

by Lupo 10

Thank you for the mention. No anniversary celebration was set this month for Twin Forks but we may have something in the summer. Its been a bumpy road but we're very proud of our accomplishments. Probably one of the most rewarding accomplishments was when we hosted the National's fall board of directors meeting in October 2003 and had over 80 guests in attendance from the NRHS as far away as the UK come to Ronkonkoma. We've also had some great trips over the years and have developed some great relationships. Here's to another 10 years.

Congratulations to the LIST chapter!

Membership enrollment in Twin Forks is ongoing. Come on board for our next 10 years!

Thanks,
Joe Lupinacci
Director of Public Relations
Twin Forks Chapter N.R.H.S.

by M1 9147

And I'm one of the proud members to show, LOL!

by MACTRAXX

Your welcome,Joe- By all means let all know if Twin Forks has anything planned for this anniversary! MACTRAXX