Railroad Forums 

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

#1282013  by NeoArashi

Hello everyone! I want to speak with the the frquent problem that is: late trains.

I have never had any problems with any corridor trains, yet. However, I know the Montreal-Senneterre and Montreal-Jonquiere are almost always late, in fact, by the time the Montreal-Senneterre reaches Weymont (my usual destination on this train) it's a miracle if it is less than an hour late.

Ok, it's been so long since I took the Ocean ( last time was in 2010) and am going to take it, three times actually (Round trip between Ste-Foy and Halifax + a small Truro > Halifax trip) And I don't remember if that one had particular schedule problems? I can deal with it being late when I get on in Ste-Foy (Mainly because the longer I stay in a train, the better) but I'm worried I will have to waste time in Truro station. IF the train is late, is there any way for me to know, so I won't arrive on time for nothing? I don't mind if the train is like half an hour late, but I'd hate to have to wait 2-3 hours if the Ocean has that kind of problems...
 #1282266  by marquisofmississauga

NeoArashi wrote: ... IF the train is late, is there any way for me to know, so I won't arrive on time for nothing? I don't mind if the train is like half an hour late, but I'd hate to have to wait 2-3 hours if the Ocean has that kind of problems...
VIA has not yet put arrival status for non-corridor trains on their Website. (In answer to an e-mail I sent about three years ago they said they were going to do so soon!) You will have to phone the toll-free number in order to find out the status of the Ocean. In another discussion you expressed a reluctance to phone VIA, but that may be the only way. Most of the calls go to Moncton and there are some really nice people there; don't hesitate to talk to them.