• LAST CHANCE!! Please Voice Your Support Tonight

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by One of One-Sixty

Okay people, today is the day to either put up or shut up, there alot of talk on here about how we support the Main Line Corridor Improvements, well show that you really mean it.

Today is the last day for the public hearing, lets all come out and voice our support and commend the LIRR for the efforts to get this done.

There are two meeting schedule for today, 1 at 1600hrs and the other at 1900hrs. The locations is Antuns 244 West Old Country Road in Hicksville.

If we do not speak up no one will, it is easy to say we need this when your behind the computer screen, so if you really mean it, please come out and speak your mind. Do not let the NIMBYs get their way.

I will be hearing a blue t-shirt and khaki paints and black shoes, and will hopefully be at both sessions, if not will defintely be there @ 1900hrs.

244 West Old Country Road
Hicksville , NY

Time 1600hrs and 1900hrs.
  by Head-end View

Well, I was there 1/160; afternoon and evening. Hoped to see you speak but I didn't see you in the crowd........

Guys, I really could have used some support. I was the lone citizen in favor of the project in principle, not because of commercial interest. I half expected to get lynched by the crowd of Bellerose-Floral Park residents, but luckily they were a peaceful bunch. They sure did throw around a lot of irresponsible statements though. Along with the suits from Garden City. LIRR President Dermody looked like he was getting a headache. :(

by NIMBYkiller

If I had known about this in advanced, I would have shown. I have not been able to use my computer though for the past 2 nights.

Is there another meeting or whatever it's called anytime soon?

by One of One-Sixty

Head. I was at the first one bt ended up leaving early cause my little one got sick at daycare.

NIMBY, this is the last one for a while, they probably will do another in the fall m,aybe? possibily, but who knows.

by Jersey_Mike

Make sure you encourage the continued use of position lights. Its a small ptice to pay for safety.

by Long Island 7285

wheres the logic and inteligence in changing the single types when the LIRR is technically "privite" (no outside service ecpt for harold when they shar amtracks tracks)

also some RR on asia or japan used postition lights, so dont give me that BS that parts are expensive or not available.

its alos cost prohibitive to retrain crews on new signals.