• Just to let everyone know ( info about a noted member. )

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by LIRRNOVA55

Rich asked me to post this.
Rich Glueck is still out there, but hasent been able to post lately due to the recent forum problems, but wanted me to let everyone know he is still out in the depths of cyberspace and reads daily.

- Paul

by DutchRailnut

tell him to unload his cookies and log on again it should work then.
in IE its tools /internet options/ delete cookies.

by robertwa

That's what happened to me last week. He should delete all cookies with railroad.net in them

by Dave Keller

I delete my cookies and clear my internet cache on a regular basis and run the free downloadable program "Ad-aware" every so often to clear the crap out of my registry that does not need to be there.

Dave

by 9C1LT1

I wouldn't use IE if you paid me... In railroad terms it's the DE30 of Internet Browsers. Firefox for me, since 2004 when it was Firebird!

-Barry

by Dave Keller

I use Firefox, too . . . unfortunately, when you try to view my website using Firefox, it jumbles some of the line items . . . . :(

But, yes . . . IE stinx!

Dave

by Crabman1130

I was having the sme problem with logging on. Thanks for the fix.

by Paul

If he would step up to the plate and switch to the much superior Macintosh OS-X dual processor G5, he wouldnt have these issues. Also, I think he should join the 21st century and ante up for a cable modem. That two tin cans and a string modem just doesnt cut it.

by LIRRNOVA55

Dave Keller wrote:And 3 cans with strings for a conference call?

Dave
I think so. .
Gotta step up to the progresso cans. . campbells ainta cutting it anymore. .
  by dukeoq

Looks like I'm not the only one who couldn't get on, but I finally made it. :P
  by trainspot

I had the same problem, and I emailed Richard with the solution. Hopefully, he'll be back soon!

by M1 9147

I figured it out when I've seen the postings regarding the deleting cookies. Anyways, I'm happy I'm still posting here.

by Richard_Glueck

Merciful Mother of Tichy, I'm back at last! Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions, assistance, and prayers.

Here's a few more shots for you.

The short lived "Silver Streak" at New Hyde Park, 1969. This train was made of ex-NYC coaches. Narrow entrances and corridors made these cars dogs.

Oyster Bay train led by an RS1, meets a Montauk train. Same location.

My old home town. Underhill Blvd. curve, Syosset. Once a common place site.

by Dave Keller

Hi Dick:

Great shots.

My favorite is the meet with the freight at Syosset.

I once worked at Nassau Trust there before losing my job with the takeover by a larger bank and I went into the steel industry.

BTW: #204 was my favorite numbered C420 of them all! (no relation to that "room of dispatchers" in Jamaica!)

Dave