• Interesting Consist Discussion for the North Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by sery2831

Mcoov wrote:Why is the near track out of service? I've noticed this on my rides in, and the photo just reminded me to ask this.
There is a structural issue with the pier. I was told it was a long term outage, but the poster above me would be more in the loop...
  by Rbts Stn

From the prior page, what I saw last week in Waltham was the Sperry car, thanks to the video on the Cape Flyer thread.
  by gallja02

There was an odd set today by Boston Sand & Gravel. It was a set of all flats, with the cab car facing BET (wrong direction), pretty sure it was 1600. On the North Station end was a blind trailer which would normally be against the engine, but with no engine attached to the set. Saw it around 10:30 this morning. Anyone know what's up?
  by octr202

Late update from Tuesday on the double-header. 1135 was cut from the set overnight Monday, as Tuesday it had the 1124 leading the 1139.
  by agarturbo

GP40MC1118 wrote:Since mid-February. Should be back by the end of the month.

D
And in fact, it is back in service today. The 408 rolled over it this morning
  by sery2831

octr202 wrote:Late update from Tuesday on the double-header. 1135 was cut from the set overnight Monday, as Tuesday it had the 1124 leading the 1139.
And Tuesday both the 1124 and 1139 failed on a Newburyport train. They were both cut and replaced with a single loco.
  by ACeInTheHole

sery2831 wrote:
octr202 wrote:Late update from Tuesday on the double-header. 1135 was cut from the set overnight Monday, as Tuesday it had the 1124 leading the 1139.
And Tuesday both the 1124 and 1139 failed on a Newburyport train. They were both cut and replaced with a single loco.
Engineer break his mirror or something before he left for work that morning? A double failure on a doubleheader just sounds like spectacularly bad luck
  by nomis

Sperry Car 125 currently outbound on the Newburyport Line, seen at Hamilton/Wenham at 1:45 ish.
  by octr202

1116 is leading 1133 on a 5-flat set seen leaving BET Wed evening.

Was 1116 ever repainted at some point? Looked strangely clean relative to the others around it...
  by sery2831

The 1116 was probably just recently washed. It has not seen a paint shop in its travel. It is interesting to note this is one of the two modified as a switcher.
  by Diverging Route

acela2030 wrote:Saw 1004 leading 1015 on a flat set this evening in Wilmington.
It had been 1013 leading 1015 for a few days prior.
  by Rbts Stn

Saw a blue something numbered 902 pulling 4 bilevels and the 010 (with the nose facing the bilevels) near Yawkey and heading West on Saturday afternoon while I was driving on the Pike