Railroad Forums 

• Interchange question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1620044  by Railcar1

I was wondering with the CNJ crossing over the PRSL at Winslow Junction many years ago, were there ever cars interchanged at Winslow between the two railroads? It also seems that a lot was of books written about the Seashore Lines but little if any about the CNJ operation in that went to Bridgeton. Am I correct with the last sentence?
 #1620048  by JohnFromJersey

Wikipedia says that the old CNJ operation that passed through Winslow and went to Bridgeton (the Southern Division), also went all the way down to Bay Side and Bivalve. The CNJ down to Bay Side was gone by the late 40's, and much of the line down to Bivalve was the same, except it extends a bit past Bridgeton to end at what looks like is today a sand pit.

I'm assuming that we don't hear much about the CNJ in South Jersey/on the Delaware Bay, since most of it is still fairly active (Bridgeton and Vineland are pretty active railroad towns), and much of the line(s) that was/were abandoned went defunct before anyone took an interest to document them extensively.