Railroad Forums 

• I need some help

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#996701  by MattE

My name is Matt, and I have recently submitted a few applications, as well as resumes, for conductor jobs with CPRail. My question is: What do I need to do as far as preparing for an interview? Are there any specific questions that my interviewer will ask? I NEED this job, as I am expecting my first child soon. Thank you in advance for any help! Again, any information you can provide is GREATLY appreciated!
 #996844  by AJLB

Read this Forum matt, you will find plenty of tips
 #1005682  by Engineer Spike

They like things having to do with safety. The other big point is dealing with extreme weather conditions. Another major is availability. A good job history is good. Night work and rotating shifts is also of interest.
 #1006364  by kevin.brackney

Railroads are militaristic. If you come from a military background, this will help. You might not like it any better; but the lifestyle won't come as a major shock.
 #1009734  by Gadfly

CN Sparky wrote:You want to work for the railway... you do need some help :)

Now, THAT's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)