• I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!!!

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by abaduck

CSX Conductor wrote:UPDATE: The conductor who knew-it-all has agreed to attend the next Trainmaster Training Class at the REDI Center beginning January 8,2007 instead of serving 30 days out of service, LOL. :P
Hmmm. OK, I've never worked a day on the railroad in my life, but I have worked other heavy/dangerous jobs (oil drilling rigs). Re-reading the original story, the green conductor would seem a candidate for retraining (and perhaps taking round the back of somewhere quiet for some attitude adjustment, if you follow me). But what happened to the car inspector?

In the work I've done, his feet wouldn't have touched the ground, they would have fired his ass on the spot. Why? Because he *knew* there was a seriously hazardous condition, a danger to his co-workers, and walked away from it. That's a hanging offence in places I've worked - and the Union wouldn't have lifted a finger, because union and management are singing from the same hymn book when it comes to safety, and they don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk - if you think a train wreck is painful and expensive, try blowing up an oil rig!

Mike

by local61man

i think all parties are to be held accountable,i'm only a person hopeing to be hired as a trackworker,but i know from 17 years in the trucking sector that the risk have to be made known to all.i also believe if being hired i will greatly seek the advice and training for those OLD TIMERS as to productive,and above all SAFE ways of being a railroader.also,i'm not a railfan,just a man of 40 years of age that wants to make a career out of railroading,and come home safe and sound,and making sure to the best of my abilities that all around me do the same.

by rocketman

CSX Conductor wrote:UPDATE: The conductor who knew-it-all has agreed to attend the next Trainmaster Training Class at the REDI Center beginning January 8,2007 instead of serving 30 days out of service, LOL. :P
Well that figures - promote the retards. He will at least fit in with the rest of the jack asses. Seems like most of the bosses could never hack it running an engine or swinging a lantern so they took up a career in breaking balls. Each one of them has a cockeyed interpretation of the cockeyed rules. There are some real slimeballs out there who quickly forgot where they came from.
Then there are programs for those who are just as useless but don't have the initiative to join the ranks of management - safety committees. They rarely accomplish anything of true value. Most members have no genuine interest in your safety or concerns of hazardous conditions unless they thought of it first. Very few of them are willing to take the railroad to task to fix problems out of fear of being booted from they're "special treatment" club. They'll blow in and rat out their co-workers thinking they're better than you and me. All these safety committees really are - are tools of the Railroad to create even more hate and discontent between employees - mission accomplished!