Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Tadman

Are these quiet zones being outlawed? I have on in my Indiana town, and always thought it was dangerous. I work fifty feet from the NYC waterlevel, and there's just too many trains coming barreling thru town at 60mph to go silently. I'll be glad to see the quiet zones gone.

by roee

Tadman wrote:Are these quiet zones being outlawed? I have on in my Indiana town, and always thought it was dangerous. I work fifty feet from the NYC waterlevel, and there's just too many trains coming barreling thru town at 60mph to go silently. I'll be glad to see the quiet zones gone.
Well, as far as I know the FRA is going to allow the creation of Quite Zones as of April, 2005. Most of the otherones were not FRA authorized and were set up by localities.

by NJD8598

There was push to make parts of the New Canaan branch here in Stamford silent a few months ago. I think its a very bad idea, and it seems many people may have forgotten about it.