• HO scale M-1 due from Images Replicas

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by scopelliti

Just noticed this on the Images Replicas website http://www.imagesreplicas.com/

LIRR M-1 Commuter Cars

HO Scale

We are producing these as fully finished 2 car sets, unpowered. Fall delivery Price TBA

Anyone have more info?

by BMT

I thought they were barely producing anything. I've sent email to their address, but never received a reply.

M-1's in HO scale 2-car affordable sets? I'll believe it when I see it.

by LIengineerBob

The last time these were avaialbe (about 10 years ago) affordable meant about $400 a pair, and that was for an unfinished kit. I wouldn't keep my hopes up for seeing them any time soon. I ordered a few locomotive bodyshells a few years ago, and waited and waitied and waited and waited and finally got my money returned to me, after having to send about a dozen emails that never got answered and two handwritten letters mailed to them.

by scopelliti

Some of their stuff is made for them by Funaro and Camerlengo.

by DutchRailnut

I think were confusing things here you guys are trashing Internatiiol Hobby Productions, they are one with a brochure full of prommises like M1' M2 ' SPV etc etc but never produce.

by Long Island 7285

As I posted in another thread.

Is there any intrest from any of you, to try to contact LifeLike P2K and try to get them to make the Budd M1/M2/M3's they made the subways sets, and thats hit for them since they now have them in 3 paint jobs.

Maby we can get a M1 4 Set made up, 1 Power 3Dummies. make them all look accurate and one wount be able to tell who is the power car unless you look into the windows, witch would be titnted so you wount see it so well, (M1 with head end closed).

and with a P2K model i wouldnt be suprised if they make it with cab windows that open or end doors that open, by way of the user opening them by hand. directional lighing (with switch on each dummu to bypass) so any car can be in the lead. we do have the technology today to alow for such a model to be produced, we just need the market.

the market can start right here on this bord.

by Otto Vondrak

You're right 7285, it's always nice to dream.

Is Images Replicas associated with NJ International?

-otto-

by mp15ac

Otto Vondrak wrote:You're right 7285, it's always nice to dream.

Is Images Replicas associated with NJ International?

-otto-
Otto,

Yes they are. Jack (the J in N.J. International) is behind Image Replicas.

Now we wait and see.

Stuart

by LIengineerBob

:( Oops, I stand corrected......yes I was refering to IHP, not Image Replicas. :(

by SeldenJrFireman

If i am going to pay for a pair of LIRR M1 for $400+ dollars, the thing better at least have a powered truck on it!

$400 dollars for a dummy engine, I dont think so.

I could probably get a G scale Genesis and paint it MN colors for that price.

by Long Island 7285

Otto

Again with the right quanties ordered and if somone or business(s) is willing to take the risk then somthing can and probly would be done.

its a matter of getting the word out to the right places, and them following through with it.

by BMT

It's rather frustrating. I've run into Jack L. at a number of the Greenberg shows on the Island and he always has two or three DISPLAY models of subway cars and LIRR equipment, but NEVER any for SALE!

I assume he has molds for a number of these cars, but he is waiting for people to give down-payments before he'll start quantity production. It's like the chicken and the egg story....