• History-inpsired paint schemes/marketing idea

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by RMadisonWI

Otto Vondrak wrote:To stir the pot some more... Amtrak does have some route-inspired paint schemes. They aint the Builder and they aint the Chief, but...

- Amtrak Cascades

- Amtrak California

- Amtrak Phase 4

- Amtrak Acela

Those are four schemes in four regions... I'm sure there are other specialized trainsets I am forgetting at the moment, but I think I made my point: don't look for two-tone gray on the Empire Service Turbos anytime soon.

-otto-
Don't forget Pacific Surfliner, which is different from Amtrak California despite using similar (or the same) equipment. The main difference though, is that in the above examples (California, Cascades, Acela), the trains are captive on one route, so they can have their own paint (even still, up here in the Northwest, the engines sometimes don't match the rest of the train). If you're talking about your typical Superliner long-distance train, those cars could be anywhere in the system a week or two from now.