• High Speed Rail Between Buffalo & Albany

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by Otto Vondrak

The State of New York, which has been providing financial support for operating service in Amtrak's Empire Corridor, has also been engaged in a large scale track improvement program. As an outgrowth of this High Speed Rail Program, the State has developed an experimental express-type schedule for Trains 70 and 75. Amtrak and Conrail are to provide their best efforts towards achieving these faster schedules, but accept responsibility for the basic system schedule only.
Quoted from the Amtrak New York State timetable effective April 29, 1979. Guess the term "high speed rail" was in vogue 30 years ago when the state last paid for infrastructure improvements....
  by dummy

has anyone heard anything new on this lately? or has this been forgotten about again. as of mid june its been months sence ive heard anything.
  by Matt Johnson

dummy wrote:has anyone heard anything new on this lately? or has this been forgotten about again. as of mid june its been months sence ive heard anything.
I've learned that New York is all talk and no action. I think my RTL-III Turboliner trips in 2003 represented the peak of Empire Corridor service - it's been all downhill ever since.
  by morris&essex4ever

Yeah, this is just another example of higher speed rail.