Railroad Forums 

• Help! Trouble with this forum!

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1630826  by l008com

Hey guys!

The contact link at the bottom of the page (every page on the forum) is broken!
And there doesn't seem to be a "forum about the forum" anywhere.
So I'm stuck posting this here because theres no other way to report problems!

And the problem that started all this is that it appears that the server's mail-server settings and DNS records are incorrect, causing 100% of the notification emails sent by this forum, to be marked as spam and land in the spam folder.

This is annoying for us users, but it also means many notifications are going to be missed, so it likely has a measurable impact on the sites overall traffic. And judging by the number of ads per page around here, traffic is probably pretty important.
 #1631838  by John_Perkowski

l008com wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:16 am Anyone know how to contact the people running this forum?
I’m one ofJeffs admins, DM me.
 #1631856  by l008com

John_Perkowski wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:31 pm
l008com wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:16 am Anyone know how to contact the people running this forum?
I’m one ofJeffs admins, DM me.
Hi
I send you a private message on the forum. But that message is showing up in my "outbox", not my "sent messages" box. So I'm not sure if it's actually sent or not. can you confirm if you received it or not?
 #1638885  by l008com

Note: this problem is still ongoing. The MX and TXT records for 'railroad.net' are pointing to zoho.com but the email themselves are coming form amazon aws.

Hence no matter how many times you mark the mail as 'not junk', it's always going to get marked as junk because the DNS records are specifically telling other mail servers that if railroad.net email is coming form anywhere other than zoho, it is not legit.