• Hassled at NHP for WATCHING!

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Indiana_Doc

de402,

How did you get a tour of Kennedy tower? I would love to tour the tower or N90. Are you a member or www.jfktower.com?

indiana_doc
  by de402

Indiana_Doc

off topic, we arranged the tour with the tower staff to show the administration of my college atc operations. since 9/11 it is near impossible to get into these FAA facilities, even low end ones. I was very greatful to the employees and managers who accomodated us. you can see some of our shots here at my website http://www.york.cuny.edu/aviation/asset ... /index.htm

here's my forbidden image from the airtrain. I felt really wierd trying to grab some pics while at Jamaica. Time to get a smaller, faster digital camera!

BTW, in the pouring rain i saw the real de402 rumble by heading towards Dunton!

by thrdkilr

Instead of making life hell for the Railfan, why don't they enlist our help? Something like a certified railnut badge. When I was a wee lad I walked home from school on the Hempstead/Mitchell line, I could have told you if a spike was missing! They've got these 40k a year goverment types who probably don't know the difference between a tie and a rail plate. Would not cost much, 2 minutes talking to NIMBY and they could issue the badge...

by NIMBYkiller

Where do I sign up?

by DutchRailnut

and who and at what cost will they make you guys ceryifiable :D :D
And some railfans would interpret this as being ok on RR property. Even with a badge your only allowed on public property, some people here need to look up what public property is ....

by NIMBYkiller

Fine by me.

by thrdkilr

Don't be hating Dutch. We are already certifiable. But really, who better to notice something out of place or not right than us. Agent Nimby notices a guy with a turban showing up taking pictures several days in a row, he strikes up a conversation with him, the guy ask agent Nimby when the next bus is coming....