Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by jtrain22

Just curious which rush hour trains on the Harlem Line use the M3? I know some rush hour Harlem line trains always use them because of power issues with the M7s, anybody know what time these trains leave GCT during the PM rush?
  by DutchRailnut

always is a word that does not exist in railroading, but check some of rush hour trains out of North White plains and you will find plenty of M3's.
  by chrisnewhaven

7:15 AM local train from North White Plains. Has had M3's every day but 4 since the beggining of the year.
C.J.V.
  by jtrain22

I got to ride a M3 yesterday, left GCT around 5:30, thanks for the help!

There's two Harlem line trains that have 10 or 12 cars that leave GCT around 5:30, one is super express that makes its first stop at Chappqua, the other is a train that only makes four stops, the latter two is White Plains & North White Plains.
  by 7express

As Dutch said never use always. Due to equipment cycles, or other minor/major equipment (car) problems a train that is usually M3 may show up as an M7 one day and vice versa.
  by Train2009

This morning I saw the 7:55 AM out of GCT to North White Plains in Williams Bridge with a set.
  by Train2009

Train #9611 and #9624 had a M3 set this morning with a 8 car set.
  by truck6018

Train #522. Leaves NWP Yard approx 7:50 AM and only stops at Hartsdale and Scarsdale then direct to GCT. The usual consist is 12 M3's. This train does not stop at 125 as it's only a 10 car platform.