• GP40MC Top-Deck Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by GP40MC1118

The 1124 has been released at NS/Altoona....

D
  by GP40MC1118

The 1124 has landed in Oak Island, NJ off NS.

D
  by Conrail Blue

ns3010 wrote:
If you're interested in seeing more, pay attention to 18G/19G (Allentown-Oak Island and OI-Conway, respectively). Those are the trains that these units are carried on, and they tend to appear every few weeks or so (sometimes two units at once).
I'm very interested in seeing more. How can I find out when 18G/19G will be running? Would like to get more photos of these engines.
  by GP40MC1118

CSX B721 delivered the 1124 to BET tonight around 550pm...

D
  by ns3010

Conrail Blue wrote:
ns3010 wrote:
If you're interested in seeing more, pay attention to 18G/19G (Allentown-Oak Island and OI-Conway, respectively). Those are the trains that these units are carried on, and they tend to appear every few weeks or so (sometimes two units at once).
I'm very interested in seeing more. How can I find out when 18G/19G will be running? Would like to get more photos of these engines.

Sorry about the lack of response; I somehow missed your post.

Both trains operate daily. 18G is a morning train, usually through Bound Brook arund the 9:00 hour (give or take). Not too sure on when 19G usually heads west.
  by GP40MC1118

The 1136 is on the way home...Now in Allentown, Pa. on NS

d
  by ferroequinologist

GP40MC1118 wrote:The 1136 is on the way home...Now in Allentown, Pa. on NS
Do you know where specifically, and where and when it'll be moving out? I live in the Lehigh Valley now, it'd be cool to see the T here!
  by ns3010

ferroequinologist wrote:
Do you know where specifically, and where and when it'll be moving out? I live in the Lehigh Valley now, it'd be cool to see the T here!
Assuming no unforseen reason to delay its movement, it should go out on 18G early tomorrow morning.

In regard to the where, it would go east across LEHL and CSAO LEHL to Oak Island for interchange to CSX.
  by Conrail Blue

d
Thanks for the heads up on 1136. I went to rail fan my usual spot the next morning but didn't see it. When the next one comes, hopefully you could let us know again. I'd like to get more shots of these units.
  by ck4049

1136 has to be at least up to Selkirk by now. The next unit to come back home should be 1134, my favorite GP40MC.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

there is a photo on NERAILS that shows the #1136 on SEPO, shot in Ayer, MA on Nov. 12th.... a new routing??? or perhaps routed on the wrong train out of Selkirk....

#1136??
  by BostonUrbEx

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:there is a photo on NERAILS that shows the #1136 on SEPO, shot in Ayer, MA on Nov. 12th.... a new routing??? or perhaps routed on the wrong train out of Selkirk....

#1136??
Must be heading to that new MBTA facility in Portland, right? Oh, there isn't one? Hmm. D'oh.
  by sery2831

Made it to Lawrence, then a local brought it down to Boston.
  by ck4049

1122 & 1131 are on their way to Altoona, they are going through New Jersey as of now.
  by ns3010

ck4049 wrote:1122 & 1131 are on their way to Altoona, they are going through New Jersey as of now.
Here they are going through Ridgefield Park, NJ today on Q417 (photo John Durant):
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3107_n.jpg

That would be the last few miles before reaching Oak Island for handoff to NS.