• GP40MC Top-Deck Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by mxdata

Did CSX ever pick up 1128? I haven't seen any waybill data for this unit. :(

MX
Last edited by mxdata on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by acela 2036

mxdata wrote:Did CSX ever pick up 1128? I haven't seen any waybill data for this unit.

MX
Not yet I believe, its still sitting at BET
  by GP40MC1118

CSX went by the 1128 again today. Next chance is Sunday since
BP-10 doesn't run Friday and Saturday...

D

by mxdata

Well that is definitely interesting. I have still not seen any waybill data for this unit. It has been so long since the last pair of units were shipped, I wonder if somebody has forgotten one of the steps involved in getting these properly registered in the system?

MX

by bmcdr

I'm only guessing, but I think the reason 1128 hasn't been picked up yet is because the 1131 is supposed to go with it, and she is having air trouble and is still outside the Diesel House coupled to the 1014 to provide air for testing. The 1131's problems have had to take a back seat to the almost daily breakdowns we've had recently.

by GP40MC 1116

MassBayMC1131 wrote:
mbta1051dan wrote:HOLY SH*T!!! These GP40MCs are flat-out more trouble then their worth!!! The sooner we get (MP40s), the better. I would like to see these retired b4 the screamers.

-Dan
please dont say that... some people(ME) actually like them... the screamers are draining MBCR cash wise no matter how reliable they are said to be
Any engine can break down for any number of reason at any time. You have allot of parts and of course a main engine and all other various components that could go bad. Of course the Screamers and GP40MC's have age to contend with so they are much more obvious to start having major issues compared to the rebuilds on the South side.

by sery2831

The 1131 has been set out with the 1128 for pick up.

by GP40MC 1116

Does anyone know of CSX's BP-10 got them today?
  by GP40MC1118

Nope, B721 went by them again...

D
  by GP40MC 1116

GP40MC1118 wrote:Nope, B721 went by them again...

D
D:

Is this a error between the management folks talking to CSX, or a delay in paperwork?

by mxdata

CSX could be waiting for all the necessary paperwork to be matched up in Jacksonville and entered in their computer system.

I believe that TTI is responsible for expediting the move, so once the units are set out, it is up to them to make all the phone calls.

MX

by mbta1051dan

1128 and 1131 were picked up by the trash train today. Let's hope they come back on time, unlike the 1116 and 1119! lol I'm starting to get really worried!

-Dan

by dbperry

from another list....
2 unknown MBTA locos on a westbound CSX freight through Ashland MA around midday.
So that confirms that they are out of here....
  by mbta1051dan

Someone from a locked thread asked what specifically the 1132's problems were. I'm curious too. Is this the type of information that must stay at BET and not be disclosed?

-Dan

by sery2831

I really don't think you are going to get specific info. Only a handful of people on here really know that and I am not sure they can really share that info.