Railroad Forums 

• Got the call from NS

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1305802  by Cub21rak

Hey everyone, first post here. Just wanted to share and get feedback. I received a call from NS HR on Monday congratulating me for being offered a position. The position is for track laborer out of Chicago. I now wait for the call to do the background check (100% A-O-K) and the Medical Physical’s/Pulmonary Testing. Anything I should know about the health check? What should I expect?
Once those are finished and with those coming back ok, I then will get a date to go to Georgia for week training. Anything I should know or plan for there?
I've been reading through posts and thought about trying to learn through this forum but then I wondered if I shouldn't obtain too much incase they want to explain things differently. Thoughts on that idea?

I'm all ears with any info as far as this beginning process or even about the job I'm going into. Also I hope to one day be able to transfer to a southern location. Is that a difficult thing to do?
I've asked a lot here so anything you can offer I appreciate.