Railroad Forums 

• Geo Train Advisory, 07-18-2013

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1200830  by jaymac

Per 07-18-2013 pre-0900 PAR and PW radio transmissions, there'll be an FRA-staffed geo train leaving Worcester to go up the Worcester Main Line, where from there being undiscussed. OldPaint 507, yesterday south out of Gardner per CN9634, was at Southbridge Street and may be the power. There were still "issues" about what went where, CSX had been given authority into the yard, and POSE was on its way east so there's no predicting the when of things.
 #1200901  by MEC407

Thanks for the sighting, jaymac. Just a wild guess, but the FRA train may be headed back to MMA territory in Maine. Maine's congressional delegation asked the FRA to do another inspection of MMA's Maine lines in the wake of the Quebec tragedy.
 #1200934  by jaymac

If that's the case, I wonder if the stretch between Waterville and NMJ will also get a look, seeing as how they're on the property anyways...
 #1200936  by MEC407

Good question. FRA inspected the PAR mainline last month, going at least as far as Bangor, but I wouldn't be surprised if the congresscritters asked FRA to give it extra/additional scrutiny as well, considering recent events.

Per Mr. Alexander Svirsky of the GuilfordRailSightings group, MEC 507 and the FRA cars were seen eastbound through Andover, MA at 16:30 today.
 #1201119  by PT1101

The geometry train followed 685 out of Dover last night around 6:45 pm. There were 2 cars behind the 507. I believe they were the 220 and 223, but cannot find my notes. From the radio conversation I heard, they were going to tie up at Rigby last night, and then continue east this morning.
 #1228555  by jaymac

At 0815/11-13-2013 and while giving yarding instructions for Ayer, D-3 gave a heads-up to 206 about seeing a geo train. No immediate further discussion relating to location or direction.
 #1229566  by 130MM

jaymac wrote:At 0815/11-13-2013 and while giving yarding instructions for Ayer, D-3 gave a heads-up to 206 about seeing a geo train. No immediate further discussion relating to location or direction.
That was MBCR testing the T with the Amtrak Geo Car. Finished now, and gone.

DAW