Railroad Forums 

• Friday LAL line action - 8/26

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#161018  by railwatcher

This friday surely looked light as the train entered Avon Northbound with a few cars, stopped and dropped a car at Kraft and removed many. Then proceded to Genesee Junction to drop and pickup. The southbound was nearly as uneventful, again stopping in Avon at Kraft. Running a few cars on into Lakeville. Another day in the life of a Shortline.
 #162207  by Matt Langworthy

Were there one or two engines on the run?
 #162288  by railwatcher

Northbound #421 leading #424 and reverse for the southbound. #421 has been running daily haven't seen #420 in a while. Also, haven't seen the tests of #430 yet.

Greg
 #169572  by railwatcher

14 cars out of Lakeville this morning behind #421 and #424. A stop a Kraft on the Avon Industrial track in bound with 8 tankers. Then north to Rochester.
 #182360  by railwatcher

Todays Northbound run was quite big outof Lakeville with 35 cars, stopped in Avon and then went north. Three engines again, #421, #420, and #424.
 #182568  by Matt Langworthy

How many cars were added at Avon?

#182845  by railwatcher

I wasnt mobile, saw the train from home. So, I wasnt able to see how many were added in Avon. Was a good sized move at that point plus whatever was added. I was working by the time the soundbound train came thru.

Greg
 #183182  by clearblock

Matt Langworthy wrote:How many cars were added at Avon?
I believe there were 40 cars when I saw it pass Industry northbound Friday AM so that would mean 5 added at Avon.

#183197  by railwatcher

There's a good chance there were more than I counted, view is getting better, the leaves are falling. 40 is a healthy count.