Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by bill8106

Was there a minor accident in Wilton or Norwalk on Monday or Tuesday of this week?

A friend of mine that works in the area told me a truck was parked too close to the track and got clipped by a southbound shuttle. I checked the local news and came up empty.

thanks...

by NJD8598

Yeah there was a minor accident on Wednesday morning at 8 or 9 o'clock. Not sure which direction the train was heading but the newspaper said yesterday that the back of the truck was clipped, and there were no injuries. According to them there were only 12 people on the train. At first the news was saying that the guy in the truck took off but I don't kinow if that was true because The Advocate said MTA police did issue him a citation, they also said he probably thought he had cleared the tracks but hadn't.

by Jondude11

12 people on the train... heh... such low ridership along the Danbury Branch :(

by NJD8598

Who knows if thats an accurate number, I would think the ridership would be a bit better even though the morning rush had probably passed.

by DutchRailnut

Northbound train 1812 leaving Norwalk at 0908(if on time) is scheduled to late to take workers to Merrit 7 for instance. so Merrit 7 has a shuttle bus out of Norwalk in mornings.
The train can not head up earlier due to train 1941 still comming south on the branch.