Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Guest

I have had enough! I read this forum and find out that the LIRR is sending trains to Louisiana? For free?

My taxes pay for that service not Louisiana and I am outraged that they would even consider such a thing. I had to stand on my train today the whole ride because they didn't have enough cars and now suddenly they can send cars down south. I have a foot condition and have to wear special shoes that make my feet look like I have a size 20 shoe and I have to stand so Louisiana can sit. I say let Louisiana worry about Louisiana!

A crew member told me that the LIRR was going to pay them $6,500 a week to go down there! For what? A monkey could drive a train and open doors. They are run by computers anyway.

I am sick of the LIRR. They let people stand outside Jamaica and pee on the walls and talk to themselves too. A man today kept yelling "flies" and swatting his head and then stepped on my shoe. I told him to go away and he called me the devil!

ENOUGH! I can't take it anymore.
  by One of One-Sixty

Steriotypical Nutcase wrote:I have had enough! I read this forum and find out that the LIRR is sending trains to Louisiana? For free?

My taxes pay for that service not Louisiana and I am outraged that they would even consider such a thing. I had to stand on my train today the whole ride because they didn't have enough cars and now suddenly they can send cars down south. I have a foot condition and have to wear special shoes that make my feet look like I have a size 20 shoe and I have to stand so Louisiana can sit. I say let Louisiana worry about Louisiana!

A crew member told me that the LIRR was going to pay them $6,500 a week to go down there! For what? A monkey could drive a train and open doors. They are run by computers anyway.

I am sick of the LIRR. They let people stand outside Jamaica and pee on the walls and talk to themselves too. A man today kept yelling "flies" and swatting his head and then stepped on my shoe. I told him to go away and he called me the devil!

ENOUGH! I can't take it anymore.
If you like i or not, their problems are our problems, so if indeed the MTA will be sending LIRR/MetroNorth trains down, then good for them.

What you may not realize is that complete cities have been wiped out, cities completely underwater, the most viable way to transport these large mass of victims is to take them out by rail.

How quickly you forget how La, Ms. and other states rallied behind NY and gave their support after 9/11.

So when the MTA raise rail fare once agaiin to cope with the raise in fuel cost because we did not go down and help them get the workers and people back to their jobs, get the refineries back up and running and so forth do come crying.

So if you do not like what the MTA by sending trains done there don't come here bitching as 1 it is not gonna do you any good, its not gonna make the MTA change their minds and 2 majority of the people here I feel support this.

BTW if yo do not like the trains or the service, take a bus, cab, or drive to where you have to go.

by bluebelly

Good thing most of the people around the country do not think like you, otherwise we would not have recieved any help after 9/11.

by MACTRAXX

Guys: What equipment will the LIRR send to Louisiana? Will they be C3s or decomed M1s hauled by a diesel that would be sent to Mexico anyway? MNCR has single-level cars that have low-level platform stairs. If the old equipment were still around and being put out to pasture,their use would come in handy in a time like this. The cars that come to mind from the NY area are NJT's Comet 1s- un-rebuilt for low-level platforms only. Thoughts from MACTRAXX

by Clemuel

Don't worry, Nutcase, I think the feds will have to find another way to spend that money... seems as if FEMA is no longer interested in the LI's equipment. But I suppose that's subject to change again...

Clem

by SK2MY

I know that this is not the place to point fingers and start controversial bantering, but Nutcase, how self centered can you be???? Are you looking for some sympathy because you had to STAND on your way to your job (which you still have) to support your family (which you still have) only to return back to your home at the end of the day (which you still have). Have you seen any of the footage on TV?????? And you want us to feel sorry for you and your size 20 foot!!!!!!!!!!!

by lirrmike

Easy people! Though this is not a political forum, so I would , if I was you, write a letter to the MTA. Good luck on that, they don't care anyway.

Mike

by Richard Glueck

Has anyone considered that this may be a carefully planned way for the LIRR to get rid of the DM's and C3 coaches? By shipping the whole fleet off to a disaster area, maybe they can legitimately get the Feds to replace them with ALCO locomotives and steel coaches! Better still, use the 39 and 35, while they are disassembled, as prototypes to replace the power fleet with something that doesn't operate on oil!

by AmtrakPhill629

that would never happen

by DutchRailnut

nothing will be shipped south, things are under control for movement of people down south.
So no LIRR or MNCR in or near New Orleans.

by Clemuel

Could have solved two problems

Should have used the DM's to plug the levies.

Clem

by LIRRNOVA55

as i said many a time before. . .rebuild and start using the floats in LIC. . .the crew could "accidently" run them off the end. . .

by lirrmike

Yep, I had a thread awhile back about the 'misplaced' ALCO and it's salty end.

Mike

by LIRRNOVA55

I Thought i remembered somthing liek that. .
I seen photos of an ALCo that ran off a dock in the greak lakes. . not fun.