Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

About 1996 I believe Otto I brought it from North White plains over Beacon line to Danbury with both Idler cars. with a lot of help from Mr. swanberg(planning) and a all volunteer crew from Tand E and MofE, MNCR loaned us a 100 engine for the move .

by Otto Vondrak

Thanks for the info! Someone was asking me the other day when the crane moved from North White to Danbury, and I couldnt pinpoint the date.

-otto-

by DutchRailnut

The GCT 001 crane had not been used since 1981 or so, replaced by a Holmes crane and later this Kershaw.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/130 ... 8353QILqkJ
  by Dieter

What is the heritage of that crane, and where has it been assigned over the years? It's a "Johnny Come Lately" to the Harlem, as of the 80's.

Dieter.

by DutchRailnut

GCT 001 was a double ended electric crane used inside the GCT complex.
it was one of 3 build, one for Cleveland, one for GCT and one for Sunnyside (prr) the building date is I believe 1906, it worked off third rail or batteries.

by Otto Vondrak

GCT 001/MNCW 001 was built for Grand Central Terminal service. Build date 1914. Source: DRM.

DRM has repainted the crane black with white lettering GRAND CENTRAL TERMINAL.

-otto-