• DENTON COUNTY,TX commuter rail

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by superbad

I just read today about a commuter rail line being built in denton county,tx north of dallas designed to tie in with DART, but apparently not go all the way to dalls.. this is yet another texas project that has appeared out of the blue and is very hard to find anything on.. even the official website.. anyone know anything? is this line going to use DMU's, electric.. it was even hard to tell if it's a light rail or a heavy rail operation.. it appears it might be an operation similar to the one about to open in Austin...its being built out of an either abandoned or very lightly used existing rail line..
  by Rockingham Racer

This project has been in the news for about a year, I think. I think the eventual plan is to go all the way to Dallas, but am not sure. The Texas Rail Advocates group has been disseminating a little info, IIRC.