• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

As per a friend, six cars were dropped off in Jamesburg by SA31 today. 4 of which are for Builders General…
  by JohnFromJersey

Ferguson on Oak Glen Rd is not near where the dump/waste transfer site is supposed to be. The dump is/was supposed to be at 34 Randolph Rd. I am not sure if that dump is still going through or if it was axed, I can't find anything recent about it (everything goes back to 2020-ish) yet there was no news on it being cancelled. Probably has been shelved for now, I won't be surprised if it gets suddenly approved and built in a few years from now, when everyone forgets about it.

Ferguson still has a siding in decent shape running into it, just no switch connection, so maybe they are doing tie work AND reconnecting the switch for Ferguson? Not sure what they would get by rail.
  by JohnFromJersey

CharlieL wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:28 pm Switch for Ferguson is there. Ties stacked railside adjacent to the road, along with a frontend loader.
Very strange that Ferguson isn't getting any loads then? Don't customers get charged for having a switch connection to the mainline?

Also, per a friend, there is an empty scrap gondola being delivered on today's SA-31. Looks like Brick Recycling is back in the game.
  by Bracdude181

My people are telling me tomorrows train was large enough that SA31 that they had to split it in half at Red Bank so as not to block Dr James Parker Blvd…

Tomorrow might be interesting…
  by JohnFromJersey

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:02 pm My people are telling me tomorrows train was large enough that SA31 that they had to split it in half at Red Bank so as not to block Dr James Parker Blvd…

Tomorrow might be interesting…
How many cars will that be? Are we talking 15-20 cars or more? I might be around to see the return trip of the empties, but won't be able to see the initial run with the full load.

If anyone could get any videos or pictures, that would be swell.
  by Tanker1497

Just wondering if that's a switch they are harvesting for another location? The ties are to be use for the repair after switch is gone?
  by Bracdude181

There is definitely a gondola on todays train. A DRRV gondola. Never seen Brick get one of those…

15 cars total. 14 for Woodhaven. I believe this is the biggest load on the Southern under C&D as of now…
  by Bracdude181

If so then that’s probably for loading of scrap ties. I’m not sure if C&D would send one of their own gondolas down here just for Brick Recycling…

Will try and found out later where that gondola is going.
  by Bracdude181

RB-1 broke down in Lakewood, major issue with 752. Second crew came into Woodhaven to take 2005 to rescue RB-1…
  by Bracdude181

Not yet. Train is turning around at Cross Street for the first time in like 6 weeks or so. Gondola is still on the train…