Railroad Forums 

• Deerfield area residents concerned about rough crossings

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1265570  by MEC407

I guess this isn't just a District 1 problem!

From WGGB:
WGGB wrote:Car after car slams into pothole after pothole on Elm Street in Deerfield.

“You have to just hold on for the ride. There’s a lot of bumps. You kind of have to go off to the side to avoid them but it’s hard, they fill up the whole road so it’s hard to get out of the way,” said Shawn Patterson, highway superintendent.

Patterson said that the town’s paving company can’t patch the holes unless someone from Pan-Am Railways is present. But there’s a problem.

“I’ve tried since Friday to get ahold of [the] railroad and contacted six different people, left messages. I’ve got no response back,” said Patterson.
Read the rest of the article at: http://www.wggb.com/2014/04/23/deerfiel ... il-tracks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1265642  by Hoopyfrood

The Heywood Branch where it crosses Main St. in Gardner is a Mess, too. People drive well around "where you should be" to avoid the tracks. The rails actually look jagged and sharp, and I keep expecting to see people with blown tires along there. PAS/PAR has shown no interest in fixing it (probably as it only serves one customer).