Railroad Forums 

• DCLR (Delaware Coast Line Railroad) Photos 2009

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#694693  by maguire54

Hey,

I just did a Google map of Georgetown and I was able to see, on the street view, what appears to be a GP7 or 9 (the zoom resolution was not great) in Pennsy livery. It was on a siding along Railroad Ave. Did you see that one?
 #694789  by RockGp40

Maguire54, if you were talking about this guy,

he was interchanged out to NS back in January and is now on a Carolina shortline, Carolina Southern/Coastal? The DCLR was doing work on her.
 #695041  by norfolksouthern89

maguire54 wrote:Hey,

I just did a Google map of Georgetown and I was able to see, on the street view, what appears to be a GP7 or 9 (the zoom resolution was not great) in Pennsy livery. It was on a siding along Railroad Ave. Did you see that one?
Hey Maguire54,

Really?

Umm..I don't see any GP7 or 9 in Georgetown or anywhere in since. How did you know that GP7 or 9 around in Delaware?

RockGp40,

Wow, that's nice photo of GP7 or 9 unit there and where you was taken in? And, this since she work on Carolina shortline, Carolina Southern/Coasta?

- David
 #711937  by PVRX1

106 is privately owned and in service on the expanded Carolina Coastl, in North Carolina.

The enginehouse is located within the Georgetown Airport Industrial Park, east of downtown Georgetown.

Head toward Lewes and turn right at the Truck Route 9 traffic light. Cross the tracks.
Go a little further, turn right into the Georgetown Airport Industrial Park. There is a gaurd house at the entrance gate (sometimes manned, sometimes not). Make a right at the T. Enginehouse is down on your right.

DCLR is railfan friendly, so make sure you ask permission prior to wandering around.
 #712238  by maguire54

PVRX1 wrote:106 is privately owned and in service on the expanded Carolina Coastl, in North Carolina.

The enginehouse is located within the Georgetown Airport Industrial Park, east of downtown Georgetown.

Head toward Lewes and turn right at the Truck Route 9 traffic light. Cross the tracks.
Go a little further, turn right into the Georgetown Airport Industrial Park. There is a gaurd house at the entrance gate (sometimes manned, sometimes not). Make a right at the T. Enginehouse is down on your right.

DCLR is railfan friendly, so make sure you ask permission prior to wandering around.
Thanks. With your directions, I was able to locate the enginehouse on google maps satellite view.