• Current status of the MP-15s

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by LRail

Could someone update us as to the status of the MP-15s, dead or running?
Thanks, Lee

by 9C1LT1

Hi,

The 158 is in Richmond Hill getting a rebuild. I think it’s the last unit in blue/white paint? The 171 is running around in its 90's blue/yellow paint. Other then that I think they are all running in new paint, demand is so great because of various work assignments that DE/M's might sub in for them on the Slime trains.

-Barry

by RPM2Night

9C1LT1 wrote:Hi,

The 158 is in Richmond Hill getting a rebuild. I think it’s the last unit in blue/white paint? The 171 is running around in its 90's blue/yellow paint. Other then that I think they are all running in new paint, demand is so great because of various work assignments that DE/M's might sub in for them on the Slime trains.

-Barry
They're going to possibly use the DEs for freight? That'll be an interesting visual lol.

As for the 158, after they rebuild it are they going to refresh the old blue and white paint, or are they going to replace the paint with the current scheme? :(

by emfinite

LRail,

Please review this thread for information about the LIRR MP15AC fleet along with the NYAR fleet:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=166417

RPM2Night,

They won't be using the DE30's for freight, but POSSIBLY power for the sandite and alcohol trains. I wrote an explanation of why they wont be used on freight trains here:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... a6b007ec04

The 158 is still being rebuilt and should be finished soon. I hear that there will be no more repainting until next Spring, so if she is done before then, hopefully we will see her out on the road in her true colors!

Joe

by Long Island 7285

C'mon Emfinite,
Use your connections to get 2 DEs to be used inplaced of 2 geeps on the rs50
Re install the Bailoff n crap... :-D -some one would love to see it.
KFRG u know this answer :wink:
*Being Humorous*

by Nasadowsk

Use two DMs and go through to NJ ;)

(actually, that's not such a horrid idea late nights Vs sinking a few billion into a dedicated tunnel to SI...)

by badneighbor

sending DMs through Penn Sta with freight sounds good until the FDNY gets wind, and they put up a bigger fuss than the DCFD did with the CSX hazmat trains running through the Capital District.

by Legio X

I saw this afternoon, at 1615 hours, the following MP-15ac's coupled up elephant-style running eastbound past Queens Village team yard: 161, 160 and 166. They were going at a pretty good clip when I saw them. Anybody know where they were going?