• CSX Service Bulletin - Anacostia Bridge Temporarily O.O.S.

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by TheChessieCatLives

The following trains will be rerouted off of the NEC.

Q171

PENN MARY MD
BAY VIEW MD
JD TOWER MD
F TOWER DC
WASHN UNION STN DC
VIRGINIA AVE DC
POTOMAC YD VA
DOSWELL VA
GREENDALE VA
ACCA YD VA
COLLIER VA
WELDON NC
ROCKY MOUNT NC
FLORENCE SC
LANE SC
CHARLESTON SC
YEMASSEE SC
E SAVANNAH GA
JESUP GA
FOLKSTON GA
JACKSONVL TOFC FL
JACKSONVILLE FL

Q172

JACKSONVILLE FL
CALLAHAN FL
FOLKSTON GA
JESUP GA
E SAVANNAH GA
CENTRAL JCT GA
YEMASSEE SC
CHARLESTON SC
LANE SC
FLORENCE SC
DILLON SC
PEMBROKE NC
ROCKY MOUNT NC
WELDON NC
COLLIER VA
ACCA YD VA
GREENDALE VA
DOSWELL VA
POTOMAC YD VA
VIRGINIA AVE DC
WASHN UNION STN DC
F TOWER DC
JD TOWER MD
HALETHORPE MD
BAY VIEW MD
WILMINGTON DE
PHILADELPHIA PA
PARK JCT PA
PORT RDG JCT PA
S KEARNY NJ
NORTHERN JCT NJ
N BERGEN NJ

Q173

N BERGEN NJ
STOCK NJ
PORT RDG JCT NJ
. . . . detour via NS
COLLIER VA
WELDON NC
ROCKY MOUNT NC
PEMBROKE NC
FLORENCE SC
LANE SC
CHARLESTON SC
YEMASSEE SC
CENTRAL JCT GA
E SAVANNAH GA
JESUP GA
FOLKSTON GA
CALLAHAN FL
JX TOFC FL
JACKSONVILLE FL

Q174

JACKSONVILLE FL
CALLAHAN FL
FOLKSTON GA
JESUP GA
E SAVANNAH GA
CENTRAL JCT GA
YEMASSEE SC
CHARLESTON SC
LANE SC
FLORENCE SC
DILLON SC
PEMBROKE NC
ROCKY MOUNT NC
WELDON NC
COLLIER VA
. . . . detour via NS
CROXTON NJ
S KEARNY NJ
N BERGEN NJ
LITTLE FERRY NJ
SELKIRK NY
WORCESTER MA
BOSTON MA

by CB&Q Fan

Anyone heard when the bridge will be re-opened? I have heard the 8th of December but can't confirm that date.

by NS212

That's the estimated date. But I'm hearing now it could be Jan 07 before they reopen it due to weather problems and other issues.

Kevin

by CB&Q Fan

From CSX Website:
Service Bulletin - Anacostia Bridge Update
Released: Dec 03, 2006

CSX Transportation has been re-routing north- and south-bound traffic around the Anacostia Bridge in the Washington, D.C., area after routine inspections in late November revealed issues concerning the bridge's support structure. Currently, CSXT is working to ensure the structural integrity and continued safe operation of the bridge.

We have been working to restore normal service as soon as possible. Please be advised that one track of the Anacostia Bridge is scheduled to reopen on Thursday, Dec. 7. As a result, rerouted traffic will begin to return to its normal patterns on that date.

For more information, contact your customer service representative at 1-877-ShipCSX (1-877-744-7279), option 5, then option 6

by TheChessieCatLives

So, that means the rerouting through the way of the old C&O mainline will end as of Thursday.

by Railfaninnj

NS212 wrote:Well that would make NS 101(Q171 or 173) which ran and NS 100 (Q174) which should be northbound out of Lynchburg by now all running down NS thru Hagerstown. So there are currently 4 rerouted trains running via NS to Hagerstown. The intermodals I think stay on NS north out of Hagerstown and get on CSX somewhere in PA. While the freights get on and come off of CSX in Hagerstown.
I've heard the NS 100/101 recently on the stream with CSX power. I also photographed a CSX intermodal eastbound on the Lehigh Line near Flemington, NS M06. I understand that this is the rerouted Q174. It had CSX power, CSX spine cars & CSX intermodal containers. Photo:

http://forums.railroadradio.net/files/n ... 61_118.jpg

Jack
Central New Jersey Wide-Area Stream @ http://railroadradio.net/
Last edited by Railfaninnj on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

by COEN77

TheChessieCatLives wrote:So, that means the rerouting through the way of the old C&O mainline will end as of Thursday.
We've been told on the old C&O that some business will still be rerouted till they get the bridge back to double track which could take another year and a half.

by crazy_nip

the bridge re-opened yesterday...

by Railfaninnj

crazy_nip wrote:the bridge re-opened yesterday...
And NS 100 ran this AM at about 1030 through Flemington Jct on the Lehigh Line. He's still making his way at 1232.

Jack
Central New Jersey Wide Area Stream @ http://railroadradio.net