Railroad Forums 

• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1253123  by mdr406

I am not sure about the REDI center in Georgia, but CSX does have a company store that you can order from online. Below is the link:

http://www.csxstore.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1254404  by N8788W

Anyone else told they might be starting csx conductor training at the redi on 4/7/14 ?
It's not in stone yet though
 #1255252  by marcmata14

so I applied for csx as a freight conductor in north Baltimore Ohio a couple months ago got the interview the next day I got a call offering the position, took my drug test(which I know I passed) submitted my back ground check and took the strength test which was the last requirement its almost been two weeks since my strength test and haven't heard anything back is this normal? should I call someone or just keep waiting when I received the call offering the position the lady said that I should be looking to go to the redi center at the end of this month just making sure this sounds normal maybe im stressing to much thanks!
 #1255254  by marcmata14

its been two weeks since my strength test which was the last step I was asked to complete I haven't heard anything since then is this normal? ive completed all other test and frequently check the new hire website just to make sure their is nothing I missed thanks
 #1255524  by N8788W

csxhobo wrote:Be patient grass hopper. The railroad moves at a snails pace.
That's for sure
Here's my road so far to being a conductor
Applied October 2013
Interviewed dec 2013
Offered job January 14
Finished my testing late January
Got the ready to hire status feb 4
Told I might be going to redi 4/7/14 but not final till advised
Still waiting for a start date
Hopeing they don't push me off till later
 #1255704  by marcmata14

got a call from csx today regarding my criminal background check she asked about my disorderly conductor which is a misdemeanor which was almost 2 years ago and info on it I gave her all the details that I could recall about the whole process and I ended up just having to pay a fine in the end, I asked her if this was gonna get in the way of me getting employed and she said she couldn't say for sure but that I shouldn't "stress it" unfortunately I am does anybody have any info on if I will be still be hired all my medical test went through and I passed all of them thanks!
 #1258256  by N8788W

Got my call too, going to Atlanta April 7 for Cincinnati conductor anyone else ?
 #1258468  by csxhobo

You have got a job but you are not officially hired until you have passed all the classes at REDI with an 85% average then finished OJT and have been marked up for 61 days then you are hired. At that time the union can help you. Until then if something happens CSX will pull your application and you are fired.
 #1258677  by kvftw

Interested in finding out if I'll be able to take my dog with me when I go to the redi. Has anyone done this?
 #1262631  by N8788W

So I am in day 2 at the redi it is great it's been all classroom time so far but we are supposed to practice the ladder hang tommrow
The facility is very new and clean and our instructor is great and very experirenced
 #1262772  by LocoCam

I wouldn't take a dog to redi, you will have enough to worry about while you are there. If you don't have someone else to take care of the dog you have some tough decisions to make about this career.
 #1263090  by kvftw

LocoCam wrote:I wouldn't take a dog to redi, you will have enough to worry about while you are there. If you don't have someone else to take care of the dog you have some tough decisions to make about this career.
my dog's at home with my ol lady. I'm currently in week one down here right now.
 #1266032  by Bears34fan

I received my email verification on April 14, 2014. I was advised that someone will contact me soon for REDI training. I noticed that a class started on April 7th. Am I going to have to wait 6 weeks, or do they run multiple classes? Additionally, how difficult is the REDI training?